from 21 September 2015 – 20 November 2015
Locum Consultant Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
King Fahd Armed Forces Hospital,
Pediatric Cardiac Center ,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
* M.D. - August, 1980, Excellent appreciation & first on the grades, Faculty of Medicine, University of Aleppo, Aleppo, Syria.
* F.R.C.S. - March, 1988, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow. United Kingdom.
* Membership of International Society of Cardio-Thoracic Surgeons (ISCTS)
* Membership of Syrian Cardiovascular Association
* CPR Course Certificate by American Heart Association, 1985
* ATLS Course, 1986
* Training in Cardiothoracic surgery with Baylor Heart Team, USA: 1984 - 1986
* ICU course & certificate 1987
* Special course in Heart Lung Machine & left ventricle assist devices, Florence, Italy: 1989
* Special Training In heart valves operations, in rheumatic patients. : 1986 - 1990
* Courses in Pediatric & neonatal cardiac surgery, London, Great Ormond street, & Birmingham, Sick Children Hosp.: 1992 & 1998
SPECIALIZATION & PREVIOUS JOBS
7/2015 – 9/2015 : Locum Consultant Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
King Abdul-Aziz University Hospital,
Bakhesh Pediatric Cardiac Center of Excellence,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
11/2013 – 5/2014 : Senior Consultant pediatric Cardiac Surgeon
CHF, Military Cardiac Center
1998 – 10/ 2013 : Consultant Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeon
• MOH AL-Basel Heart Institute Aleppo, Syria
• Arab Medical Center, Private Practice
• Started first time Neonatal & pediatric cardiac surgery at high standard Aleppo, Syria
1989 – 1998:
? Consultant Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeon
? Consultant in Surgical ICU
? Specialist in congenital Heart Diseases
At the following hospitals:
• Heart Center , King Fahd Hospital , Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
• RKH Military Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
• Sick Children Hospital, Great Ormond Street, London, UK.
• Fagih Private Heart Center, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
• RKH Military Hospital, Jeddah, Khamis Mushate, Saudi Arabia.
• Sick Children Hospital, Birmingham, UK.
1983 – 1988:
Training was obtained in cardiovascular & thoracic surgery, at St. James Hosp. Leeds, UK & King Faisal Specialist hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
1980 – 1983:
Specialty training was completed in General Surgery at Aleppo University Hospital, Kindi hospital.
SPECIAL PROGRAMS IN CARDIAC SURGERY:
• Thoracoscopic surgery course.
• TMR program : Trans Myocardial Laser : 1st series in middle east was done
• Skeletal Assist Devices: Cardiomyoplasty & Aortomyoplasty Clinical trial for end stage heart failure, or as bridge to heart transplantation.
• Heart Transplantation Program, Single Lung Transplant Program.
• Left ventricle Assist devices courses : Intraaortic balloon pump, Hear mate LVAD, Biomedicus Pump,
• Total artificial Heart Program, heart Mate
PUBLICATION & SYMPOSIA :
• 47 Publications & paper was presented and most of them published in international journals.
• More than 54 symposia national & international meeting were attended.